Helping to make your life stress free, ab fab – good move.
Most people will experience a house move several times during their life and will come to understand the difficulties and stress it can cause. Moving office can be just as difficult, and in some cases even more stressful if you don’t plan it correctly. Removalists can certainly help you with the details so don’t forget to get them involved at the earliest stage possible.
Depending on the size of the move and the number of staff involved, it takes careful and meticulous planning to work out the logistics and you often need to hire specialists who can assist in the planning process. Let’s take a look at some of the things that an office manager can do to make an office move successful and stress free for everyone involved.
- Plan the move well in advance. Relocating to new office premises will involve a painstaking process of examining potential spaces and making sure there is adequate room for existing staff plus room for expansion if necessary. For the purposes of this article it is assumed that all of these things have been taken into account and the new location has been chosen accordingly. The point is that you need several months to plan a move properly so that all staff can be involved in the process through regular meetings.
- Make sure all your stationery, websites and other advertising material have been updated to include your new address and phone numbers. Notify all of your suppliers,customers and business partners well in advance and send out reminders as the date draws near.
- Appoint your removalist company months in advance. This will involve meticulously planning where each desk and every other piece of office furniture and equipment will be placed to ensure that the removalists know exactly where everything is going.
- Make sure each staff member is given a checklist of tasks to perform in the days leading up to the move. This can be as little as making sure their personal items are appropriately packed into labelled boxes, or, if the staff are working on the day of the move, they should be given a comprehensive list of duties required and the times during which they will be working.
- Allow plenty of time for unpacking at the new premises on the first day of operation. You may even give consideration to closing the business down for a short period to make sure everything is smoothly integrated into the new workspace.
- Be prepared for the unexpected. Even the best laid plans can come unstuck so be ready to remedy any problems that arise on the day. Make sure the telephone and lighting systems are all operational far enough in advance, at least one week beforehand.
Award winning Sunshine Coast home and office removalist covering South East Queensland from Eagle Junction to Elimbah.