What to ask when calling a removals company.
If you ask these questions how they are written, you should quickly be able to pick out the crème of the crop. To be prepared you must have a basic list of items, your moving date, pickup and delivery access.
- How long will my move take and how accurate is your estimate? This question is an inexperienced removalists nightmare. To quote an accurate time over the phone based on your list of items takes real skill and experience. Call and test us out.
- How much do you charge and does that include GST and or hidden surcharges? Many removalists will provide a low hourly rate that seems appealing, but sting you in hidden surcharges like excess travelling times, adding GST afterwards, charging extra for stairs or certain items like pianos. The appealing very quickly becomes appalling. At ab fab we have no hidden charges, just a flat hourly rate.
- Who will be handling my goods on the day? Do they work for you or another company and what level of experience do they have? How can I be sure I am getting good quality workmanship? It is rare to find a company that actually provides skilled removalists. All out team members are experienced professionals.
- Are my goods insured? If so for what and to what value, can you please elaborate? Can you provide a copy of your policy so I have it for my records? Most unreputable removalists will squirm when you ask these questions, many lie and mislead about their policies. Asking them to elaborate and provide proof is a sure way to know where you stand with insurance. All our moves are covered by our vehicle insurance in case of a truck accident. We are not permitted to sell handling insurance we suggest checking your household policy for cover on move day.
- Can you provide me with the phone numbers of at least 3 customers you have moved in the last week as referrals? This is a bold question but carries more weight than all the rest put together. If you are unsure about the integrity of a business, ask this question to remove all doubt. A truly honest, high level removal business will have no issue handing over the phone numbers of as many as you want. Remember, it’s important to select people from the recent week as any removalist can draw up their own dummy testimonials, or dig one up from a customer years ago that they were able to impress. We are more than happy to provide contact details for recent moves they often offer to recommend us as they are so pleased with the service we provide.
Finally, ask them to provide all of their answers in writing.
These questions are designed to warn unreputable removalists that you cross your “t’s” and dot your “I’s” and are seeking a good quality service. If they know they can’t provide what you are looking for you will hear it in their tone.
If you want to save yourself a lot of time, call us today, we are more than happy to accommodate all of your questions. Ab fab The Stress Free Movers 07 5445 8797