"This is our third move with you guys. I was most impressed by your calm, can do attitude. The move went very smoothly, in contrast to other parts of a move. We are certainly happy to recommend you."
Sue & Ian Newton.
View more testimonials >>
Moving House Checklists
Removals checklists to help out.
Download a printable version of our checklist:
Moving House Checklists (23 KB)
4 weeks to moving day:
- Book and confirm your move with ab fab The Stress Free Movers.
- Arrange collection of your boxes with ab fab.
- Removal Agreement - check all details on the Removal & Storage Agreement are correct; sign and return the document to ab fab (ensuring that you have paid your deposit to secure the booking)
- Packing – have you considered having ab fab pack for you? We have a professional pre-pack and un-pack service where we offer a ‘no damage guarantee' for anything that we pack
- If you are doing your own packing remember the golden rule, start early. It's often a bigger job than you think. Try not to overload boxes, call us if you need more.
- We offer short or long term storage.
- Arrange insurance for the move.
- Sort through any rarely used items to sell, donate or give away.
- Keep valuables separate and secure using a see through plastic box will help differentiate from all the others.
- Telephone – call your phone supplier and organise a final account and arrange for reconnection at your new address.
- Electricity; Gas & Water – call your suppliers to book a final reading.
- Change of Address – we suggest you notify and complete a Change of Address Application for the following …
- Australia Post.
- Electoral Commission.
- Your bank.
- Your medical practitioners including dentist; doctor, pharmacy.
- Companies who provide delivery services to you (eg.newspapers / magazines / subscriptions.)
- Companies who issue you with six-month or annual accounts (eg. insurance/ car registration).
- Childcare centres and/or schools.
- Workplace/ Government agencies.
- Insurance – update details for your new property.
- Pay TV/Interent – arrange for connection at your new home.
- Holding a garage sale is a good way to have a good clear out of large items of furniture.
14 days to moving day:
- Arrange someone to look after your children and pets on the big day.
- Start packing non essentials, spare rooms are a good place to start.
- Think about where your furniture will go at your new house. Draw a chart to help with distribution at the other end on moving day.
7 days to moving day:
- Reconfirm settlement time with solicitor and advise ab fab.
- Suspend supermarket shopping as a way to reduce the food items in your pantry and freezer.
- Empty gas bottles and dispose of any flammable liquids from lawn mowers. This is a requirement in order for them to be transported on our trucks.
- Borrow a cool box for moving perishable items. Your fridge is loaded last and unloaded first to limit the time out of service.
- Make sure your mobile is fully charged for the big day.
- Have some basic tools and cleaning products to hand.
- Port-a-robes…the Ab Fab team can supply these for your hanging garments
- Go through any checklists with your ab fab team and relax!